Thursday, May 21, 2009

Alaina's Big Ride

As I pull into our driveway each day after work it is not unusual to see bikes, scooters, balls, bats and other play things blocking the way. This time the path was clear, except two small training wheels sitting on the ground. My first question was, who in our house would know how to take those off? The next question, why are they off? I thought it would be a while before Alaina was ready. But, I looked around and this is what I saw:






Isn't she just a big girl? Dodging obstacles and wearing flip-flops even.

She went to a friends house to play for a couple of hours and while she was there, she jumped on one of their bikes and rode it up and down. Everyone there thought she just new how to ride a bike.

When she came home she asked Birgitta to take her training wheels off. Birgitta grabbed the first tool she could find (the vice-grips, how handy) and off they came.

Who knew Alaina could ride a bike??
And who knew Birgitta could take training wheels off??

6 comments:

Nicky said...

Yea Alaina! So proud of you. and Birgitta.

Marianne said...

Way to go Alaina! That is fantastic!

And Birgitta...I'm fairly certain that with vice grips you could do just about anything. :o)

Danielle said...

Wow! She seriously looks like she has been riding two wheels forever! She was READY. Way to go, Mamacita, with the tools!

Kathy’s Korner said...

WHO KNEW!!!!!!!! WOWSERS!

Kimberly said...

Whoopie!! That's super exciting. They do the darndest things and they are ready before you know it. Look at me, all talkin' from experience! JK That's really cute Jerm

Kristi said...

That's amazing! And I'm talking about Alaina... Birgitta, I always thought of you as a handy girl. Anyone who can place grommets on scrapbook paper without ripping it to shreds has got to have some handiness!

Way to go Aliana. You look like a pro!