Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gooble til ya wobble!

We hosted Thanksgiving in our home this year. I thought it would be stressful, but actually I quite enjoyed it. My parents and I made the pies the day before and everyone had their food assignments for lunch! Daniel made the potatoes, Dave the stuffing, Jon the drinks, Matthew the corn (haha), mom the turkey and gravy, dad the sweet potatoes, and I made the rolls and green bean casserole. It all came together nicely when the guests arrived!


We set up three tables with nice dishes and fall decorations. Celeste put chocolate kisses on plates and Alaina and Zach helped make name cards.


My cute family waiting for lunch to begin.


The spread! It's amazing that it takes two days to prepare and 15 minutes to devour!


We made eleven pies in total: 6 pumpkin, 2 peach, 1 apple, 1 chocolate oreo, 1 banana cream


The after math! The food had settled and the tryptophan hit!


Preparing for Black Friday.....err, or is it Black Thursday?
I thought maybe I would go to a store or two, but I ended up shopping from 10:30 pm until 11:30 am the next day with Chris and Laura! Yes it was insane, but so much fun! I hope Britney enjoyed her Black Friday as much as I did!

2 comments:

Grandpa Ware said...

Very nicely done. Great pictures. I'm still full from all the food.

Dane and Denise said...

delicious!! you have NO idea how I miss our Thanksgiving dinners! It has been forever since I have eaten at home. SEE YOU SOON!!