Friday, November 18, 2011

Visiting my baby Jada

I jumped on the offer when my dad asked me to go to Wisconsin with him! I said, oh sure, why not! I needed to see Baby Jada and Denise again. The excuse??? To help plant bulbs in her teeny tiny front section of dirt. Denise claimed she didn't know how and my dad of course had to come to her rescue! Whatever the reason, we had a wonderful time getting to know Jada and hanging out in the place Denise calls home.

Here are some highlights of our trip in October!

FRIDAY
After a day of traveling, we went out for a wing dinner and an IMAX movie (that was nauseating).

SATURDAY
The reason why my dad and I went to Wisconsin! We planted tulips and crocuses.

We visited a pumpkin patch with farm animals.
Dad misses milking the cows on Patty's farm!

Picking the perfect pumpkin for carving Jack-o-lanterns.

We did a lot of playing with Jada. Or maybe we were just entertaining her. She is a funny baby!

Took a short walk to Lake Michigan's cliff. Amazing!

Went to the Lighthouse at Port Washington...in the dark! We then warmed up with soup and dessert crepes at Creme and Crepe Cafe. YUM!

SUNDAY
Denise and I prepared for Jada's birthday party. We baked cupcakes, hung balloons and made Cafe Rio salads for dinner.

The unhappy baby cried over the balloons and threw her cupcake on the floor. She cheered right up when she opened her presents though! She loves puppies!

MONDAY
After going to the outlet malls, we headed over to Jelly Belly. We tried gross flavors like booger, rotten egg and vomit!

We went on the Jelly Belly tour. All I can say is thank goodness it was free.

We walked through The plant/flower Domes in Milwaukee.

We carved our pumpkins...even my dad enjoyed it!

TUESDAY
Denise and I walked main street in Cedarburg. I wanted one of those apples, but they were 10 bucks and I was too stinkin' full from eating out all week! Oh, then we stuffed ourselves some more at Texas Roadhouse.

We left Wednesday afternoon. We had some flight trouble and didn't make it back home until 12 hours later. Sure glad my dad is good company!

I think that just about covers it! In case you want more detail and more pictures of our trip (haha), my sister posted on her blog here and here! Enjoy...I sure did! :)

3 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Birgitta, what a fun, fun, thing to do! Jada is a doll! You had to love spending time with your dad!

Grandpa Ware said...

The trip was a blast. It was great to hang out with my two favorite daughters

Dane and Denise said...

yes yes yes and yes!! I loved having you two here with us! jada adored you guys. I really wish we could be closer to see you more often! I miss my family