Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Step One: Concrete


Steps for a yard....

First and foremost, hire someone to coordinate each step! check! We hired Doug Whitehead who works for Automated Rain. We love him and think he is fantastic to work with!

Step 1: Pour concrete for patio, extra driveway and shed pad.
Step 2: Dig trenches for sprinklers.
Step 3: Put together sprinklers. This is Jeremy's job!
Step 4: Level out yard (and move out millions of rocks - ugh).
Step 5: Bring in top soil and do final grade.
Step 6: Add curbing for flower beds.
Step 7: Lay the sod. Yeah! No more mud!
Step 8: Install fence. This may not happen this year since concrete is so expensive!

We are currently at step three. We may be stuck at step three if the rain won't stop! But I wanted to share before and after pictures of our new concrete areas!

Side note: The concrete guy that Doug contracted out is Chris Shippen. Chris was our next door neighbor in Orem! The world gets smaller!!

PATIO IN BACKYARD:


SIDE CONCRETE PAD AND EXTRA DRIVEWAY:


5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, goodie! I love before and after pictures!

It is fun to see all of the progress on your new place. It's coming along nicely.

Kathy’s Korner said...

I am feeling really really smart about now! Love your concrete, especially the pad for the extra car!

Kristi said...

I love the pictures too! It helps me visualize where you are. I noticed that you guys have a parkway! I love that! For one, kids can fall off their bikes onto it instead of the street. Secondly, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

I know when we had our concrete work done I was horrified at the expense. But here we are so very many years later and I'm so glad we have it!

Heather said...

Wow! How much we've missed! It looks amazing! Lots of hard work. It will be so awesome to have a yard.. and I will be jealous! :)