Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Manti Temple

At our reception in Provo

Jeremy and I were married 14 years ago today in the Manti Temple! Happy Anniversary to US!

14 things I remember about that day:

1. I got to the temple before Jeremy did. I waited and waited in the foyer and I figured Jeremy bailed on me!

2. The temple was under some construction. There was yellow tape and scaffolding in the temple backgrounds of my pictures.

3. I don't remember one thing that was said in the temple ceremony. Not one.

4. There was a bunch of kids holding my dress train while I walked around. It drove me crazy!

5. Most of my former young women leaders and members of my old ward were surprised I was getting married. I was told about a billion times, "you are too young to get married." Hey, I was nineteen AND A HALF!!!!

6. My brother Jon did not come to the temple because he thought soccer was more important. ;}

7. I did not get to eat any of the food that was served at my reception.

8. I thought the fake purple flowers on my cake looked horrible! The rest was decorated nicely.

9. I look back at the dress I wore at my luncheon after the temple and it is UGLY! What was I thinking??

10. The reception line to greet us was EXTREMELY LONG. There was a TON of people! It didn't help that the wedding party was long too. My sister, my sister in laws, my brothers, my brother in laws, my parents, Jeremy's parents, and my cousin. That's a long line!

11. The reception wasn't long enough. I was scared to death to leave with Jeremy alone. YIKES!

12. My brother in law Clark, who was 9 years old conducted the quartet that played at my reception!

13. My hair looked horrible at the temple. I curled it myself with my own hot curlers. I also did my own make-up. I would do that over again for sure!

14. Now here is the cheesy part: I knew I had married the right man!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

#15. Kim used my deodorant right before the reception. I didn't like that very much... Bwah ha ha ha. That makes me laugh to this day. Believe it or not it has only brought us closer. Happy anniversary.

Kathy’s Korner said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved your post, I remember some of those things. I didn't know that you were scared to leave with Jeremy.
A picture that I will never forget is you and your father dancing! It still brings tears to my eye!
(my word verification is blests)

Jeremy said...

YES KIM! I should have put that on my list! GOOD TIMES!!!! hahaha!

Danielle said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are so mucho cuteto!!!

Kristi said...

Nice post! Funny that you don't remember one thing about the ceremony!

After reading Kimberly's comment, I'm asking myself what is with the Perrins and shared deodorant? A funny moment around the same time was Glenn tried to use MY deodorant! I think I let out a little scream. (at least I did inside my head) He put it down and told me he thought it was Heather's. Hahahaa! It still makes me laugh out loud when I think of it.

Birgitta said...

Krisit, that is the funniest thing! WHAT THE??? I'm sure I would have screamed out loud!