Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pre-Dig Meeting

On September 24, I drove up to my house and there were people waiting for me. They wanted to walk through the house even though they couldn't get a hold of my agent to make an appointment. I told them to give me 10 minutes to pick up the house. After they walked through the house I chatted with them a bit...

They are an older Mexican couple from California and the real estate agent is also Mexican. I turned up my Mexican charm and told them my mom was from Mexico City and I grew up speaking Spanish. They were stunned to say the least! Well, come to find out the real estate agent grew up with my mom's younger brothers in Mexico! Crazy huh? It really is a small world!

That evening we got an offer on our house! We countered on the price and they accepted. The terms also included closing on November 24th and letting us rent for the month of December. It was all too perfect for our situation! Then to our surprise, they requested to close immediately because they were leaving the country for a few months. Since they were paying in cash, we were able to close several days later on October 12! That was only 2 1/2 weeks after the offer! They have agreed to let us rent our home until the house is built. We are indeed grateful! :)

Today we had a pre-dig meeting with Ivory....we went over our plans and walked around our lot. They have staked out where the house will be built. We were told "breaking ground" could take up to three more weeks. They are waiting on permits from the city. Hey Seth, could you speed that up?? The house will not be finished until the middle of January. Which is pretty quick as it is! That is the update on our house and we are so very excited!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Sure "digging" the digging meeting! I am sooooo excited for you guys. Isn't that funny how things fall in to place when and how they are supposed to?!

Lea Ann said...

Wow! That is great that everything is working great. I sure hope we have your kind of luck or guidance once we start the process of renting/buying or whatever we are going to do.

Kathy’s Korner said...

You will be moving in about the time Glenn will be coming out of surgery. We moved into our house on Erik's 12th birthday. That is so lucky, because life get so crazy when you move, it is nice to have a marker. We have always known how long we have lived here. The one thing we didn't know until just a little while ago is that we were both 40. How did we miss that?

Marianne said...

Yay! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the progress.

Kirk & Heather said...

It's just too bad ya'll have to be out there in the sticks! :) settle down seth!

I'm so glat that you guys have sold your house and that everything is working out so perfectly! Can't Can't wait to see the new digs!

I think January is going to be CRAZY month!!

Sarah Rowley said...

Glad everything worked out so well for you guys!