Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I heart U

Thanks to Pinterest, I decided to get creative with Valentine Cards this year. I pinned a bunch of cute ideas and then let the kids decide what they wanted to make.

Celeste chose to make a bracelet. After special consideration for the colors of each bracelet, Celeste glued on the jewels and added heart stickers. She also cut out her heart cards and wrote the names (TO and FROM) on every single one. She was super careful while she worked and so very excited to give them away.


Alaina made these adorable rings. Well, ok, the pipe cleaners were a little hard for a 7 yr old to wrap, so I made the rings. But she chose the colors for each of her friends, cut valentine heart cards, and wrote the names on each card with a smile! I have to say these rings were my absolute favorite and a big hit with all the girls!

Zach was required to make a Valentine Box at home. We got a bit creative with Zach's current love, basketball, and came up with this Valentine Hoop! Throughout the day, kids were telling him how much they liked his box and he began to tally the "likes." By the time he got home, there were 38 "likes" on his scratch piece of paper! He is hilarious!

For his class valentines, we made paper fortune tellers. After folding all the fortunes, he put them inside a heart baggie with a chocolate conversation heart. He was very careful to not chose "HOTTIE" or "LOVE U" or "I'M YOURS" for his guy friends, although, he didn't want the girls to think he was their "TRUE LOVE" either. I should have just bought regular chocolates.....who knew this would be a major concern for a 10 year old! :)

As a side note, Jeremy made me a valentines dinner of beef ribs, cheesy potatoes and asparagus. I made Jeremy an ice cream mud pie...his favorite! We had a nice, quiet, candle lit, grown up dinner at 8 pm after the kids went to bed. It was the perfect way to celebrate!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Way to go, Girbitta! Sooooo fabulous! The rings ARE adorable. And can I just say...Celeste is looking soooo grown up!

Sylvia said...

A lot of work, but a memory never to be forgotten.

Dane and Denise said...

all too cute! Everyone did such a good job with their valentines....Zach, add another 'like' to your tally :)

Kristi said...

Love them all! I can just picture each of them carefully thinking it all out.

I love that you and Jeremy had an at-home valentine's dinner! Nice menu too! Makes me hungry!