Zach has been trying to figure out if Santa and the Tooth Fairy are real or not lately. After Christmas I overheard him talking with his cousin about their gifts saying: "I still believe in Santa because he brings you presents that parents would never buy." As if.
His plan for the last several months has been when he loses a tooth he would not tell anyone, silently put the tooth under the pillow and see what happens. If the tooth fairy comes great, if not... it must be mom and dad then. How do you defend against that?
Well, this morning he came downstairs and said, "Dad, I know the tooth fairy doesn't exist now because yesterday I lost a tooth and didn't tell anyone."
BLAST. Well what do you do? I knew it was coming, he is 10 after all. It could not last forever. The priority now was to get him to keep quiet so he didn't ruin it for the rest of the kids.
Then to throw a little twist in the mix, the tooth not only fell out but he also lost it. So instead of wasting the opportunity to see what a missing molar would bring, he wrote the tooth fairy a note as a substitute. Heck, if we had known there was just a note we could have said that it didn't count or something but he didn't bring up the note until later. Double BLAST. But that is Zach's MO: creative, strategic, sneaky, clever, inventive.




3 comments:
I LOVED this post!!! He is a very clever kid.
Yeah, sooooo not what I thought this post was going to be about...given that title.
Phew! :)
My friend had a clever way to help transition the new unbelievers in her house. She would welcome them to the "club" and tell them how fun it is to be on the side that knows. She lets them be a part of surprises for the believers and reminds them that half of the fun is to make sure that those believers keep believing...so don't say or do anything that will ruin it for anyone. I hope that works when we cross that sad bridge.
I LOVED this post!! I cannot tell you how much I love Zachary. You two got out smarted by your own game!
suckas!
no really, this made me laugh and feel sad at the same time.
Post a Comment