Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Morning!!

Christmas just ended a couple of weeks ago. Although we played fun games, ate lots of good food, went shopping, and opened presents we also celebrated the birth of Christ. I want my kids to understand that when we celebrate Christmas that it isn't all about candy and presents.

We spent some of our family home evenings talking to the kids about the birth of Christ. We read scriptures with them and watched a DVD about His birth. Most nights Jeremy tried to read, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" with them and we also did a couple of service projects.

I'm not very good at expressing feelings about the gospel. Bearing my testimony is hard for me. I don't know how without feeling cheesy. It doesn't help that I'm married to a man that feels the same way. I can feel the spirit, I can. And I do have a testimony!

I want my children to know how important the Savior is to me. I want them to feel how much the Savior loves them. I want them to realize the importance of his birth and ultimate sacrifice. I want them to strive for truth and gain knowledge of the gospel.

Now that I have said all that, feeling a bit cheesy, here are some fun pics of Christmas Morning!




2 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Great expression of faith and love the pictures, they are so nostalgic!

Kristi said...

Nicely done, Birgitta. I too love all the pictures. You have beautiful children.