Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Let it Snow!

Snow isn't new to most people around here. Winter comes and it snows! My kids love playing in it and I love the way it looks from the inside! Here in Spanish Fork we missed out on the BIG BLIZZARD of 2010 that arrived around Thanksgiving. But boy, have we caught up in the last two days! This morning my neighbor measured 15 inches of new snow that fell last night. That doesn't even include what fell ALL day yesterday!

Zach and the girls played non stop yesterday. Zach and his buddy built a fort and several hills to slide on. Then Jeremy and Zach built a snowman. The girls spent their time sledding on a hill the neighbor made on his front lawn.

This morning, I went to the gym at 5:30 am. I started out of my driveway and got stuck. I thought I was crazy for leaving, but I got unstuck and went anyway! When I got home at 6:15, Jeremy was out shoveling the driveway worried about me sliding down highway 6! I made it out ok, but only because hardly anyone was out that early in the morning. There were no cars for me to hit!

Jeremy and I stayed outside for awhile clearing the driveway. It was so peaceful to be one of the only people... outside in the dark... in the snow fall. Beautiful! I took this picture of our recycle can. This is how much snow we have gotten in two days!

After we found out that school was canceled this morning, Zach got his snow clothes on and went outside! It wasn't even 9 am yet!

This is our new 3 ft picket fence. It is almost 100% covered! I haven't seen this much snow in years!


6 comments:

Dane and Denise said...

i wanna come. still waiting for mom to come home. hopefully the roads are good enough to drive!

Heather said...

I know it's crazy! we got a ton too. Our balcony posts out front are just piled high. I'm glad I don't have anywhere to be today! You were crazy for going out so early! Glad you made it around safely. the plows haven't even made it up here yet.. good thing our neighbor has a back hoe and is so awesome and does it for us all anyway.

It's beautiful.. from the inside like you said!! :) Looks like the kids had a blast, fun pictures!

Wendy said...

Funny, I went out at 6am too to go to the gym and then when I got home Nick and I were out shoveling in the dark...Ha! You just thought you two were the only ones out there! ;) We didn't get quite as much snow, but enough! I'm glad we'll have a white Christmas! (if it doesn't all melt away in the next few days...)

Kathy’s Korner said...

Wow, I love the snow. It is so fun to see the kids playing in the snow!
Love the pictures!

Kathy’s Korner said...

I just can't stop looking at these pictures. I love these kids!

Kristi said...

We haven't had any snow in Kansas yet! What a rip off! :) I walked down the street today with no coat. It's January, where's winter? AND there were robins out in my backyard. Enjoy having a real winter.