Thursday, April 16, 2009

Did you know Easter is about finding eggs??

It was like Halloween for the kids this year! They participated in 5 CANDY egg hunts this year...YIKES. To say the least, I am now paying the price with constant begging for MORE candy and orneriness from TOO much candy. You know, when I was growing up we didn't have a billion egg hunts. We colored boiled eggs as a family and then on Sunday morning we hunted for Easter baskets that my parents hid around the house. None of this silly Easter Bunny stuff. I remember one year my dad hid my basket on the shower head in the tub. My mom got up to take a shower, turned the water on and ruined my basket before I could find it! I cried and cried...well, who wouldn't??

On Sunday, at the breakfast table, Zach and Alaina were having an argument. Zach said Easter was about Jesus and Alaina screamed that Easter was about finding eggs. Oh dear, apparently we have not done a good enough job of teaching our children. After some good Sunday lessons, I talked with Alaina so she really understood that Easter wasn't about finding eggs filled with candy. I think our Easter traditions will change next year.

No comments: