Thursday, January 29, 2009

Poo and Pee

Since Celeste was about 14 or 15 months I have been sitting her on the toilet to get her accustomed to it. Nothing ever happened but for the most part she has been willing to sit and accept praise for doing nothing. At one point she started volunteering to sit and even insisted she stay there until she was good and ready to get off.

Well, a couple of weeks ago it paid off. I was in the shower one day and she said she had to go potty. I didn’t want to get out dripping wet for no reason so I said, Ok just a minute. Several minutes passed and she said again she had to go, Yah yah, I said, when I get out. Finally when I got out she said again that she had to go, so off the diaper went and I plopped her on the toilet, thinking nothing of it. A minute later she called out that she was “done.” Still thinking nothing of it, I went over to “wipe” her bum and I began to smell a little something, looked into the toilet and lo and behold, there WAS a little something in there. She actually had gone poo in the toilet. We couldn’t believe it. She was so proud that she insisted we go buy her some big girl undies, so we did. Unfortunately, she still poo’d in her diaper twice more that day, so it didn’t last.

Then again, last night the kids were all in the tub at the same time playing and making a mess. Birgitta and I were getting Noah ready for bed in his room and all of the sudden Celeste appeared around the corner, stark naked, dripping wet, and announced that she needed to go potty. I immediately jumped up and rushed her back to the bathroom and sat her on the toilet. I watched for a sec to see if something happened. Sure enough, a little trickle, and then, the flood gates opened…. It was like a racehorse. She was peeing for the first time in the toilet! Awesome stuff! At least she wasn’t doing that in the tub with everyone else in there…Then again, it probably happens all the time.

That is our BIG, little girl!

She insisted on putting on and wearing all three of her underwear!

5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

What a cute, cute funny little girl! I just love her. I love that coy little smile. She wil probably train herself. That always seemed like that hardest part of parenting. Can you beleive that Clark was our easiest to train? (Or maybe my mind was on so many big kid stuff that I didn't notice.) either way it seemed easy

Marianne said...

Love the triple layered undies!

Danielle said...

Hey, three-ply...probably more absorbent! Way to go, Celeste! Keep on peeing and pooing in the potty!!

Heather said...

You crack me up Jerm. I could hear you saying "yah yah".. hehe. It's so funny that we adults are out of our heads when our kids use the toilet!

She's pretty cute that one.

Anonymous said...

Go Celeste! Keep up the layered look too!
No child gets THIS much wow for her first poo and pee!!! You have great parents :-)