I have been canning and freezing our garden veggies (and fruits/veggies from other gardens) the last two weeks. I am so very PROUD!
15 pints of Peach Salsa
15 pints of Applesauce (by far my biggest accomplishment)!!
6 quarts of Pears (and more to come)
20 pints Sweet Pickle Spears
2 pints of Pickled Peppers
5 quarts of Grape Tomatoes
All processed on my very own Steam Canner!
Many, many, many quart bags of frozen Peeled, Grated Zucchini
and 4 quarts of Frozen Peaches
I still have half a box of pears to can, lots of spaghetti squash to freeze, more cucumbers to pickle, and potatoes, pumpkins and cantelope to harvest. I'm also sure there's more zucchini hiding under the massive amounts of vines too!
I still have half a box of pears to can, lots of spaghetti squash to freeze, more cucumbers to pickle, and potatoes, pumpkins and cantelope to harvest. I'm also sure there's more zucchini hiding under the massive amounts of vines too!
It's amazing how much satisfaction canning brings. Even though it's a lot of work, I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute! Oh and thanks to my friend Laura for helping me! :)



4 comments:
My mom would be so proud! (and I am too - way to go!)
That is AMAZING. I am excited for your accomplishment. It's the gift that keeps giving all year. It's fun to open each jar and bag!!
Uh, seriously, you can be soooooo proud. That is quite the accomplishment!
Canning is one job at the end of the day that you can look at with pride and will still be there! It is a joy! We need to see a picture of that garden!
Post a Comment