Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tub and Shower Magic Cleaner

Anybody else loving PINTEREST? I came across a DIY cleaner that claimed to melt soap scum off glass doors and sinks. I figured I would give it a shot since I can't get my shower door clean (even with a water softener).

I gave it a whirl and surprisingly the soap scum came off! I got so excited I also cleaned my bathroom sinks, counter-tops and faucets! It really was magic! I just had to share.....


  • 12 ounces white vinegar
  • 12 ounces liquid, blue dawn detergent

Directions:

1. Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle.
2. Add the Dawn soap. Put the lid on and gently shake to incorporate.
3. You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.
4. MY TIP: A little goes a LONG way. You'll find yourself rinsing forever!

http://www.food.com/recipe/tub-and-shower-magic-434275

6 comments:

Grandpa Ware said...

Mom's going to bless your name forever if this stuff really works.

Kristi said...

I will bless your name forever too. I just tried another cleaner idea off of pinterest and got poor results. My fingers are crossed!

Danielle said...

I read this last night before going to bed. I had a dream that I was trying to make the concoction but it kept coming out wrong. Everytime I put the vinegar in the microwave, it came out as a lump of burnt cranberries. No more chocolate before bedtime for me.

Kristi said...

Tried it today! I'm pleased to say it worked. We have natural stone in our shower so I had to avoid getting the vinegar on it. However, it did a great job on the glass. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Vinegar does work great on soap scum! Kirk is my good deep down cleaner.. I have never tried it with dawn though.. he'll be blessing your name too!

Laura said...

You never told me about heating the vinegar in the microwave! I guess it worked out ok cuz it still worked. :) Maybe heating helps prevent the vinegar from separating?? My bottle now has to layers of color inside it. I'll let you know if it still works next time I clean with it. :)