My girls have never had anything frilly in their hair. I barely even brush their hair! Celeste looked like she always had a rat's nest on the back of her head and Alaina got to the point where she was doing her own ponys every day. Poor orphan girls!
I finally decided I needed to get some pretty bows to help me do their hair. I talked my cousin and asked her to make me some satin/toulle flower bows (shown on left of the top pic). After talking to her, I decided that I could attempt to make some too! But do you think I could just make a bow or two every so often? Oh no, not me. When I get a hair up my nose it's ALL or NOTHING! So this past week and a half I have been making hair bows like crazy. I started by making silk flower clips. Those are easy....buy a silk flower and attach to clip. Then I moved on to ribbon, then toulle, then fabric. I made them in between snacks, in between wiping butts, in between doing dishes, in between getting showered, in between running errands, in between picking up and dropping off kids, and in between 8 pm and 1 am.
I have to give props to a few people though. Without them, this wouldn't have been possible! :) My new neighbor and friend, Tara showed me how to make the fancy bow bows. You know, the ones you put in flower arrangement and gifts. She also showed me how to make korker (curly) bows, satin flowers, and toulle bows. So CUTE! And then Jill showed me how to make several different types of fabric bows. Love those too! And then between me, my partner in crime Laura (my other neighbor friend), and Google search we figured out how to make most of the flower ribbon bows! Laura and I have gotten together in the mornings, afternoons and late evenings. We have been working around everyone and everything! Here are a few close-ups of my creations:



10 comments:
Nicely done! I bet your girls are enjoying them!!
Wow, you're so talented!! I love them!
Darling! Way to channel your inner Martha! ;o)
The hair accessories look great!!! I need to learn how to do more than just flowers. Way to be an inspiration!
Those look awesome! Wanna teach me?
My goodness, that is so many. But I've never seen so many adorable bows. LOVE IT!!!
You are so funny Birgitta! You just say it like it is. "I barely even brush their hair!" haha I love it! I just love the bows. It makes me want to come out to Utah right now! Some of the ribbon bows are identical style-wise to some I've purchased at Gymboree. What fun!
My goodness, I would say that I am really impressed but let's face it.. You have always been a phenomenal crafter! Your hair accessories are amazing, well done
Oh too cute, You have been a busy girl! So fun!!!! Can't to see the girl's hair con bow's!
Wow! Looks like they won't ever have to wear the same hairbow twice- at least not for several months! Those are beautifully crafted. We miss you guys! Glad things are going so well for you.
Post a Comment