In an unceremonious event (ie. there was no ceremony), the ground breaking for our new house was done today.
Here are a few pics of the big blue tractor to whet your appetite:
Assuming all goes well:
Footings and foundation will be done by Friday
Plumbing will start on Monday
Framing and roofing could be done possibly by next Friday
I saw the foreman and spoke with him for a minute. He said, "we are thinking it will be done right around Christmas time." "What!!??" I said. Then he stopped for a sec, looked around, and said, "maybe I am thinking of the house down the road. Ya, probably closer to the end of January."
We would love it for Christmas. I suppose if they only used half the nails they needed, sheet rocked every third wall and didn't wait for the cement to dry they might make it. I think we can wait.
Ideally, it's 75-85 days from start to finish. That puts the target date between January 24th and February 3rd.
January is shaping up to be a very busy month....
Logan Turned 3
11 years ago



6 comments:
I don't know why but I'm laughing hysterically. That's a funny post. Christmas would be nice, but I think you'd be grateful you were patient. I'm thinking January is still pretty darn fast! WOW!!
Yeah, I think you are a hoot, Jerm.
We are pretty darn excited for you to get your casita, guys! Well, maybe more like your casota, hehehe.
Nice digs! (I'm funny)
So very exciting!
Yes, you make me laugh too Jerm.. thanks for clarifying that there was no ceremony :)
It just blows my mind that a house can be built that quickly.. if only. I am SOOO excited to see it all finished. It will be beautimous!
oh and p.s. You guys always have the coolest Halloweens with Birg's family! That dinner/fear factor was amazing. I threw up a little in my mouth looking at it all, but that's pretty typical of me these days so don't be too offended :)
Its so fun how you have those same fall leaf pictures of your kids every year, that will be fun to put them all in a book in a row some day.
Post a Comment