Friday, August 28, 2009

Alaina and Celeste's First Days

Celeste started preschool on Tuesday with Miss Merlene. Although she doesn't officially turn three until September, Miss Merlene requested she join her class. She says, "Celeste cracks me up!" Celeste has gone twice and absolutely loves the music and art. She wants to walk to the preschool door by herself and she wants Alaina to pick her up. She has also become fast friends with a little girl named Elsie. Let me just say the house is very quiet when she leaves, and the 2 1/2 hours seem to drag on forever! I guess that means I do miss her!










Alaina is ALL grown up! She started Kindergarten on Wednesday with Mrs. Sarkady. She is thrilled to have her hair done up and excited to find an outfit to wear every day. She is enjoying her time doing worksheets, singing songs and reading stories. She says, "we do the same thing every day, mom."

I'm sorry to say I did not shed a tear on her first day. Actually, neither did she. She said, "mom, are you going to stay?" That meant, "mom, when are you leaving?" This is a common question so I know what she means when she says it...I know she loves me though!






5 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Although Alaina looks grown up, she still looks really little!!!! Yes Celeste is even littler and looks so grown up,too! She cracks every one up! Her pictures at Kimberly's wedding look like Baylee. Those Perrins Gene's, does anyone look like me? lol

Danielle said...

I do, Mom!

Whoot whoo! The girlies look so cute. It is so comforting to leave these toodles without weaping and wailing. Makes for a much better experience!

Lea Ann said...

Life is a little quieter with only one home during the day. But for me the hours go by so fast. I love when kids go out in the world with such confidence and a love for school. I just hope it lasts all year. I am already having problems getting the boys to do homework. Yikes!

Kristi said...

Your girls are so cute. I love their beautiful smiles. I agree with Lea Ann; it's nice to send them off when they are happy, confident, and love going.

Anonymous said...

I must say, You have some darn cute kids!