Monday, August 23, 2010

POPSICLES FOR SALE!

Zach is an entrepreneur! His is always looking for a way to make money. I ask him to pick up his underwear and he says, "how about for 50 cents?" I ask him to put away things he takes out and he says, "I'll only do it for a buck." He says, "mom can I go sweep outside?" I say "YES, that would be fantastic!" and then he asks, "how much can I earn?" He talks money, loves to earn money, spend money, and count money! He tells everyone he has 1 million dollars stored in a secret place! I wish!

About a billion times this summer Zach has asked me if he can sell just about anything and everything. We finally let him take out a popsicle stand. Since there isn't a ton of traffic on our street, he became a door to door salesman too! He drove his bike through the neighborhood telling all the kids to come buy a popsicle from him! Like the pied piper, the kids followed! Within an hour, his popsicles were gone!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

He bamboozled me out of a buck and a fudgsicle. He's quite the shrewd negotiator!! I'm glad he's got a sense for $ early on. He'll be all the more ahead!!

Kathy’s Korner said...

What an entrepreneur! I can't believe that he went out into the neighborhood to sell, that definitely didn't come from our side of the family! Way to go Zach!!!!! :)

Kristi said...

I was going to say the same thing as Kathy! He's a true entrepreneur.