Wednesday, December 16, 2009

.... And That is My Final Offer!

Last night I had the kids by myself while Birgitta was out with her family. To make things as easy as possible for myself after the home work and bedtime routine were done, I told the kids they could watch some TV and if they were good I would get some long lost and forgotten Halloween candy down for them. They took to that real nice. So, I got the buckets down and told them they could have three pieces of candy.

The kids did great, Noah and Celeste swapped Gummies and Whoppers, and everyone enjoyed some Phineas and Ferb. After cleaning up the place a little I went upstairs to flip channels for a bit for myself. The next thing I know, Celeste is by my side. Here is our exchange:

Dad, can have just one more piece of candy?...and that's it.

No, I already gave you three pieces of candy. That's enough.

But dad, I just want one more piece of candy...and that's it.

No, I'm not giving you any more candy. Go downstairs.

But..... dad.... please can I just have ONE more...and that's it!

Nope, I already gave you THREE. No more.

Please.

Nope. Go downstairs.

Pause...

Sigh....

Dad, how 'bout TWO more candies...and that's it!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

She is so stinkin' cute!

Danielle said...

hehehe...that's why I never give in!

Stinker! Cute stinker!

Kathy’s Korner said...

LOL what a cutie, I can see it all now!

Kristi said...

This will do her well later in life! You should have had her negotiate the price of your house!

Heather said...

I can picture it exactly because I had the EXACT same exchange with her last night about playing with the phone! That is hilarious. I love little Celester sooooooo much. She's so adorable. She's hard to say no too though that's for sure. They all are.

That is HiLarious!